Wednesday 29 June 2022

12. The No Plan, Plan


  When I first started this Culebra beach Sherman build I didn't really have much in the way of a plan to be honest, either with regards to painting the rust and corrosion or the general style and layout of the very colourful graffiti, I was just kinda making it all up as I went along, and I tend to call it the no plan...plan, I'll worry about it all later when I get there maybe, that kinda thing, well not anymore, I've decided that now is a damn good time to come up with a plan, It's a very vague plan, but at least it's a plan...


  Pictures above, I've decided to do the white patches on the turret in a very heavily weathered fashion, with the edges of the patches looking very rough and the white paint turned a very vivid orange colour from all the rust, like the picture on the left, and so the yellow and green spiral graffiti on the hull side will also have to be heavily weathered to match, like the picture on the right.


 Pictures above, I've also decided to do the MMIX that can be seen on the hull near the engine deck (left picture) even though I really don't like it all that much, but it's better than nothing there I suppose, and on the rear plate (right picture) I've decided to do the yellow and green Culebra flag? Because I think it looks kinda cool and will liven up the rear hull plate which looks very plain and slightly boring at the moment.


 The WTF? graffiti (left picture) which I like very much for obvious reasons and don't want to lose will therefore have to be moved somewhere else on the hull or turret, I'm not really sure where just yet, maybe on the back of the turret if the painting mask will fit there, I would much rather have a nice colourful flag on the back plate (right picture) but I'm not exactly confident with regards to doing the image of Culebra island in the middle of the flag as an outline, so will probably just bodge it as a solid splodge of colour, and if it looks naff then I'll just cover it with rust...lol

 So that's the vague plan, all heavily weathered to within an inch of its life, and it should be noted at this point in time that all of this vague plan is subject to change depending on my ability to actually paint it.


 Matt





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.